Brenham ISD follows the State of Texas guidelines by offering tuition free Pre-K programs. Students must be four (4) years of age on or before September 1 of the new school year to qualify. In addition, one or more of the eligibility requirements listed below must be met. Please read below and be prepared to provide appropriate documentation at the time of registration.
Pre-Kindergarten Eligibility Requirements
Must meet one or more of the following:
- Economically Disadvantaged – Families must meet the federal income eligibility guidelines. Two months worth of income information on all household members must be provided at the time of registration.
- Limited English Proficiency – Students qualifying will be tested on the day of registration to determine placement. The child must be present at the time of registration.
- Parent Active Duty Military – The child of a parent that is an active duty member of the armed forces of the US or the child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving in active duty. Department of Defense identification and a Statement of Service from the Adjutant General/Director of Human Resources or an official letter from a commander that he/she is active/mobilized must be provided at the time of registration.
- Homeless – Students qualifying as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
- Foster Care – A child in or has been in conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201. Appropriate documentation from the Department of Family and Protective Services must be provided.
Prior to any Pre-K registration, you MUST complete the following paperwork:
Pre-K Application Packet (English) | Paquete de solicitud de prekínder (Spanish)
If you attend an in-person registration event (dates listed above), your eligibility status will be verified before registration can commence. Please be prepared to present your eligibility documents and the above Pre-K application packet.
If you cannot attend an in-person registration event, please contact Rosa Longoria (979-277-3770 ext: 2700) to have your eligibility status verified prior to registering online.
*Incomplete information will not be accepted, and a Pre-Kindergarten placement will not be granted.
Take this opportunity to sign up for text messages. Text "Y" or "Yes" to 67587 to receive district news directly to your cell. Lastly, download the Brenham ISD app and follow Brenham ISD on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.