What can our department do for you?
Student Services Coordinators (SSCs) do just that! We work in all aspects of Student Services! We strive to build community-school partnerships that will assist students in a productive and prosperous future. Our work focuses on supporting students in BISD EC-12 campuses, which can include administrative, program, or social support. We also provide services in the following areas: Student registration/enrollment, Campus Attendance/Truancy, Campus Data/School Improvement, Homeless/McKinney-Vento, Foster Home Students, Drop Outs, Community Relations/Support/Service, SEL support, Community Outreach, Parent Meetings, Campus Administrative Support/Training, Staff Training, Special Populations, Student Code of Conduct and Handbooks/Occupational support, Student Transfers, Student Withdrawals. We also:
- Help students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Help students develop positive relationships with peers, parents, teachers, and families
- Help students improve various social skills, such as coping strategies and friendship skills
- Help students deal with personal concerns, crises, school-related problems, home and family concerns, friendship issues, and any other issue that interferes with learning
- Help ease the transitions between school settings
- Plan and implement a variety of programs and activities to enhance the personal, social and emotional development of students
- Be a liaison for parents, teachers, and students
- Be a resource for parents interested in general education curriculum, special education, challenge testing, General Education Interventions, standardized testing, character education, and the general well-being of all students.
OUR JOB IS TO ASSIST THE "WHOLE CHILD" in any way we can.